Customer service is a vital part of any business. It is one of the pillars of business success. Some firms have their own customer service department, while others outsource their customer service management to another firm.
Outsourcing customer service may be a good option for many customer-oriented business firms. But how are the customer service call centres handling the job? Are they really up to the task of providing world – class quality call centre customer service?
The answer seems to be negative, if you think in general terms. The customer service outsourcing industry leaves a lot of room for improvement. The agents have to improve the quality of their of their work and also upgrade themselves to the standards of work that they have to deliver.
Tips for effective business customer service
Here are a few tips that would help you improve the customer service of your business, especially if you have outsourced your customer service:
1. Develop a customer service policy – Specific customer service policies will have to be in place to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and in-house staff productivity. This will be coupled with clearly defined customer service policies, which will state specific warranties, terms and conditions applicable by law within target countries.
Proper procedures will also have to be in place as a corporate client and subsequently the end-user approves their information technology and e-commerce requirements prior to installation, thus minimising production risks.
2. Monitor your customers service program for continuous improvement – In your customer service procedure and program there should be effective monitoring of strategic partner and individual client expectations, to ensure they are always satisfied and met. Your company’s professional specialists, project consultants and account management team must be able to communicate any quality,Bor performance expectations not being fulfilled for the customer.
Client as well as end-user feedback is meant to ensure that quality improvement and performance is constantly maintained.
Management should strive to solidify content management and product warranty terms, to extend the life of their customer relationship, on a case-by-case basis.
3. Provide online information resource for your customers :
The one more important part of the customer support is that your company should provide extensive online support to your clients. Your specialists should provide the assurance or explanation timely and clearly.
You should have a list of Frequently asked questions , FAQs on your company’s website and the answers to those questions.
Customers should be able to have access to all customer service programs, via the internet. Special mobile apps are also in high demand now, especially for some niches.
The languages of these services should also be appropriate to the official languages of the targeted countries.
Tips for effective customer service agents
There are some basic steps that the customer service call center can take to make things better for the customer and the clients.
1. They should be available to provide telephone assistance to existing clients – The task is especially difficult for the customer service call centers working out of third world countries. For them, the challenge is not just in the processes they employ but also in the accent that they talk in.
The customer service department traditionally consisting of customer service representatives should be well versed in various source languages and may be situated in your head offices.
2. Customer service agents should be well-trained and under refresher trainings periodically:
The agents need to be well-trained.
Many customer service call centers cut down on training sessions because they want the agents to hit the floor. Days spent in the training rooms are considered unproductive from this point of view. That is how the training modules are cut short. But these training sessions come in handy when the agents stat working. They are more capable of handling customers when they feel comfortable about the project they are working on. Since training sessions include teaching them how to handle software and equipments, along with certain soft skills, the agent taking thecalls shoukd be well-trained to handle the phones in a professional way.
3. Customer service agents should ensure that they carry out adequate research about the company that they represent: After training, research is the next important tip for customer service.
The agents at the customer service call centers need to know everything about a product. The questions asked by the customers can be anything about the product / service. It can also be about rival brands!
Many consumers are interested in a comparison so that they may find out you are better than the others. Research equips the customer service agents with the necessary information. That will be able to answer the questions without referring to a superior. References consumer time and also increases the hold time for the consumers. That is frustrating and the callers who disconnect often don’t call back again. That erodes the consumer base.
4. Customer service agents should be active listeners: The third tip for customer service outsourcing agents is to be active listeners. You will often notice that customer service call centre agents are ready with an answer even before they have heard out your problem. That is not ideal in any way. That also leaves room for errors.
The primary job of the call centre customer service is to solve the problem of the caller. Unless the agents are active listeners, they may not be careful paying attention to the issues on hand. And if they do that, the first call resolutions will surely go higher up than what it is now.
You have seen that customer service is essential part of any business not depending g in its size or industry. As it helps to retain your clients, increase its number and volume of sales. Moreover, correct customer service helps to build long-standing relationship with your customers and improve your business to their needs.
About The Writer : This is guest blog post written by Carol James. She is writer and senior editor at writing service EssayLab, a top place to buy essay paper. She has MA degree in social sciences and writes articles, review on different actual subjects. Feel free to contact her.
Note: This article has been edited to suit our audience, style and mission.
You can write for www.myafribusiness.com
Learn how you can WRITE FOR US.
NB: Do well to join our Telegram group to relate with thousands of like-minded people about investment, business and money matters. Just click our Telegram group link after installing the telegram app on your mobile device. You can download the telegram app from Google Play store to your phone.