Most seniors prefer to stay in their homes if they can as it is familiar and comfortable. There is a big advantage to doing so – it allows continuity which is essential for comfort and maintaining personal identity. And regardless of how capable and independent a person has been, there will come a time when assistance will be needed. The option then is to choose to get retirement home care services. Many seniors find this a viable option to keep their standard of living and stick with their current lifestyle. Finding the right service to help also takes the burden off loved ones. Here is a look at why growing old at home is the best choice.
Reasons why home care is the best
1. Independence: Right from birth, people strive to get more and more independent. Milestones are celebrated at every turn, but as we get older, it becomes hard to acknowledge that we need help. Home care service helps seniors to stay in control, be active as far as possible and be involved in their communities. Being able to set their own schedules lets one have a sense of dignity and worth.
2. Safety: While moving to an assisted living facility may be a good idea, many people do not want to make that move until it is necessary. In fact, in many cases, staying at home and getting help from retirement home care services is the safer option. Trained caregivers look around and fix issues to eliminate risks. As one ages, immunity decreases, and the chance of infections is higher in an assisted living facility. If one’s home can be redesigned, ageing at home is always better.
3. Comfort: The happiness of sleeping in a familiar bed and staying at home is not to be underestimated. As people get older, adapting to new situations becomes difficult. Moving to an assisted living facility is not only disorienting but can be traumatic. If the option to stay at home is possible, then there is no need to make the move. The adage “no place like home” is true for everyone.
4. Affordability: It may seem that retirement home care services can cost a fortune, but this is not necessarily true. In many cases, the average monthly cost of home care is 20-25% lower than that of an assisted facility. Caregivers charge by the hour to do some tasks and there is no need to pay for anything extra. If in doubt, calculate how much it would take to have someone come in for 8-hour days and compare with the costs of a facility.
5. Customized care: In the case of home care, caregivers understand exactly what their client wants and carry out those tasks. This is not the case with assisted care facilities – nurses and caregivers may not always be able to meet a person’s needs immediately and this could lead to problems. Finding the right service and getting someone to help at home, is the best option.
Working with retirement home care service is a logical and good solution unless all options have been exhausted. If retirement and health costs have been planned in advance, there is no reason why a senior cannot stay home and be comfortable. This is one change that must be thought through so that life is comfortable, and independence is maintained.
Author Bio: Lisa Alther is a farmer of words in the field of creativity. She is an experienced independent content writer with a demonstrated history of working in the writing and editing industry. She is a multi-niche content chef who loves cooking new things.
Do well to join our Telegram group to relate with hundreds of like-minded people about investment, business and money matters. Just click our Telegram group link after installing the telegram app on your mobile device.
NB: The above article is a sponsored post. If you wish to advertise your products on this website via banners or sponsored posts, kindly see our guidelines for sponsored posts and adverts.